Linear Algebra II & Tutorial 2b
(G30 Program, Nagoya University, Spring 2022)
- Please make sure that you are in the NUCT group for this course. If you can not enter this group please contact me.
- There exists a Facebook group for this course. If you want please join this group to get more information & updates on this course. Joining the Facebook group is not compulsory. But you need to join the NUCT group.
- Overviewnotes (Ver. 1, 12th April)
- Lecture notes: Lecture 1, Lecture 2, Lecture 3, Lecture 4
- Tutorial notes: Tutorial 1, Tutorial 2, Tutorial 3
- Homework: HW 1, HW 2, HW 3
- Lecture 1-1 , Lecture 1-2, Lecture 2, Lecture 3, Lecture 4, Lecture 5, Lecture 6, Lecture 7, Lecture 8, Lecture 9, Lecture 10, Lecture 11, Lecture 12, Lecture 13, Lecture 14
The current plan is to do Linear Algebra II the same way as Linear Algebra I, i.e. both the lecture and the tutorial will be in Zoom. The Zoom link can be found in NUCT and the Facebook group. We might change the plans according to the situation and the wishes of the students.
- Lecture time: Tuesday 2nd Period (10:30 - 12:00)
First lecture: 12th April 2022
- Tutorial time: Thursday 4th Period (14:45 - 15:30)
First Tutorial: 14th April 2022
- Review & Homework session (Face-to-face): Wednesday 4th Period (Math. building Room 307) and sometimes Monday 4th Period (Math. building Room 455)
First session: Wednesday 20th April 2022 (Room 307)
Second session: Wednesday 11th May 2022 (Room 307)
Grading & Homework submission:
As in Linear Algebra I, there will be just one grade for both the lecture Linear Algebra II and the Math. Tutorial 2b. It will be based on the midterm exam, final exam and homework.
Course schedule (Tentative):
The following gives a tentative overview of the topics we will cover each week.
Week 01 (04/11-04/17): Recall Linear Algebra I & Vector spaces
Week 02 (04/18-04/24): Linear maps
Week 03 (04/25-05/01): The matrix of a linear map
Week 3.5 (05/02-05/08): Golden week
Week 04 (05/09-05/15): Determinants & Mathematical induction
Week 05 (05/16-05/22): Properties of the determinant I (Please watch Lecture 5 (2020) and/or Lecture 5 (2021) )
Week 06 (05/23-05/29): Properties of the determinant II
Week 07 (05/30-06/05): Midterm exam: 31th May
Week 08 (06/06-06/12): Eigenvalues and eigenvectors I
Week 09 (06/13-06/19): Eigenvalues and eigenvectors II
Week 10 (06/20-06/26): Eigenvalues and eigenvectors III
Week 11 (06/27-07/03): Applications
Week 12 (07/04-07/10): Continuous dynamical systems
Week 13 (07/11-07/17): Linear differential equations I
Week 14 (07/18-07/24): Linear differential equations II
Week 15 (07/25 - 07/31): Final Exam: 26th July
Last update: 11th May 2022